Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Location: Newnham Campus only
Position Type: Part-time
As a member of the SSF team, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for helping with day to day clerical work and helping the organization meet its financial reporting requirements. The Accounting Clerk will work as part of a team under the direction of the Manager, Finance and Administration.
- Accurate and speedy data entry to Excel and QuickBooks
- Review of invoices and highlighting of pertinent data
- Sorting of paper documents and maintenance of paper files
- Assist with mailing out of documents (stuffing envelopes etc.)
- Review of bank statements
- Review / creation of journal entries
- Assist with bank reconciliation
- Provide support and assistance to other Accounting Clerks in the SSF
- Perform related duties as directed by the Manager, Finance and Administration
- Currently enrolled in an accounting program at Seneca College
- Time commitment - 5 to 12 hours per week (depending on scheduling)
- Basic computer skills (copy and paste files, finding files on a computer, etc.)
- Basic use of Excel (copy, paste, paste special, sum, sort, format change, inserting and deleting rows and columns)
- Accurate and speedy data entry skills in Excel
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions and decimals)
- Basic logical thinking
- Good Attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic office procedures such as sorting and filing
- Use of office equipment such as printer, photo copier and scanner
- Knowledge of basic accounting terminology (debit, credit, balance, entry, etc.)
- Knowledge of how to make journal entries
- Familiarity with various documents including: Invoices, Cheques, Deposits, Bank Statements
- Ability and willingness to be without your personal cell phone or other similar device for 2 hours at a time
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Professional experience with
- Full cycle of accounting,
- Journal entries, A/P, Deposits
- Experience in working with bank statements and Bank Reconciliations.
- QuickBooks or other integrated accounting software (Sage) etc.
To apply for this Job:
Please bring your resume and timetable in person to the offices of the SSF at the Newnham campus to the attention of Nick Pavlakos. Please do not email material.
At the top of your resume:
- State that you are applying to the Accounting Clerk position.
- indicate the name of your program of study
- indicate how many semesters your program includes (4 semesters, or 8 semesters)
- indicate in which semester you are currently studying (are you in the 3rd semester of 4)
- indicate your planned graduation Date (year and month)
Your resume should provide details of your knowledge and experience as it pertains to this position.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday September 12th, 2018 at 4pm. No applications received after this deadline will be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.